Supporting pelvic floor and core health across generations.
Laura Werner Physiotherapy provides full spectrum care to clients across generations who are experiencing challenges in pelvic floor and core functioning.
The conditions treated at Laura Werner Physiotherapy include:
- Pre-natal and post-natal care
- Blocked milk ducts (treatment with therapeutic ultrasound)
- Core stabilization
- Diastasis recti / separation of the rectus abdominis (outermost abdominal muscles)
- Bowel and bladder incontinence (stress and/or urge related) for both females and males
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic girdle pain (sacroiliac and/or symphysis pubis pain)
- Post-operative pelvic floor recovery and rehabilitation
- Vaginal pain and vaginismus (provoked or unprovoked vuvlar vestibulodynia or vulvodynia)
- Male genital and pelvic pain
- Dyssynergic defecation (constipation primarily due to incoordination of muscles involved in defecation)
- Low back pain
- Coccydynia (pain in the tailbone area)
To effectively and efficiently treat these areas, Laura Werner Physiotherapy has created a process to support client rehabilitation. This process consists of:
- Establishing a correct physiotherapy diagnosis and baseline measure of function.
- Educating clients on normal function and dysfunction of body systems and how exercises and intervention can restore optimal function.
- Supporting client rehabilitation via preventative and rehabilitative exercises to support pelvic floor and core abdominal health.
- Monitoring the progression of treatment or intervention.
Laura Werner Physiotherapy’s goal is to engage clients in actively participating in their rehabilitation. This is done in part by employing active techniques aimed at decreasing reliance on the therapist and promoting self-management. These techniques include, but are not limited to:
- Education of the pelvic floor and core muscles.
- Coaching clients through proprioception (finding specific muscles in space) and muscle control in the pelvic floor and abdominals
- Assessment using a variety of techniques and technology such as: EMG biofeedback (for pelvic floor concerns), Real-Time Ultrasound Imaging (for pelvic floor and abdominal concerns), internal vaginal and/or rectal exams, and abdominal palpation.
By creating a space of security, support, confidentiality, and respect, Laura Werner Physiotherapy’s goal is provide clients with a comfortable and empowering experience.